Hightree _

Blue Yeti's are gross

The Blue Yeti is a decent microphone. decent. however when you account the price for an average new Blue Yeti Mic. Is about 100 dollars USD, for the basic version of the mic. 
When you consider USB mic's, and how they are terrible compared to XLR Mic, you might find the Snowball a good alternative. Which, it is for the price. it has a wonderful price to performance i would say. I cannot say the same for the Yeti.
For the same price range you could get a pretty decent audio setup with an XLR Microphone. 
The Audio Technica AT2020 is a great mic for the price. Just a phenomenal Microphone.
On Amazon you can purchase the microphone for 109 Dollars USD, you can get Boom Arm, Pop Filter, and 20ft XLR Cable depending on the Bundle. 

https://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT2020-Condenser-Studio-Microphone/dp/B007V3PVNA/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1543449868&sr=1-9&keywords=at2020

https://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT2020-Condenser-Studio-Microphone/dp/B007V3PVNA/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1543449868&sr=1-9&keywords=at2020

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Condenser-Studio-Microphone/dp/B077YXX1M4/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1543449868&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=at2020&psc=1

the only thing you would need to get next is an Audio Interface with atleast 48 volts of Phantom Power (The AT2020 Requires this to actually work.) 
The Audio Interface is the device you plug the XLR cable into, so the Interface can communicate with the computer. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EK1OTZC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(You Must Purchase this for the microphone to work) ^
(Pretty Cheap Audio Interface that generates just enough Phantom Power to work (it only produces about 45 volts of Phantom Power, but it seems to Power the Mic perfectly.) 

I have owned a Blue Snowball, Blue Yeti, AT2020, and AT2035. The Yeti is the only mic out of these i would never recommend. 

final notes 
the audio quality of the AT2020 is atleast a solid 120 Percent better than the Blue Yeti
If you purchase the microphone, you'll need to set the microphone volume to 50 instead of the default 100 Windows Sets it to. 
The AT2020 is a great mic, it can be used in Studio recording if you are on a budget; and it can produce decent recordings if your into music.
Great ASMR Mic. 
also the AT2020 comes with a very quality leather bag that only fits the microphone. It's good ass leather. 

Allright. 

I have a nice Blue Yeti. It depends on which model you get.  Ones like the snowball are okay, but ones like the Blackout (mine) are good in my opinion

I own a blackout Yeti as well, it came with Watchdogs 2. However i don't use it as a mic, more of a blunt object at this point. I Feel as if Price to Performance is not ok for what they are being charged for. 
AT2020 Is a more solid buy in audio quality and price. 

I think you know way more than me, but I like their reliability. I know this cause my cat knocked it off my desk, and with a dent, it works amazing still (my cat is a bitch sometimes). Do you have the correct settings, gain, microphone pickup, etc.

I don't care about microphone quality that much so all I have is a Hyper Cloud X 2's

• Like 1

I accidentally bought a Blue Yeti without doing my research 3 years ago. I have been made well aware of this post since then. It's still a decent mic, like you say, however.